This is the fifth episode in a planned series that discusses the development of a general purpose cybersecurity strategy for all network defender practitioners-- be they from the commercial sector, government enterprise, or academic institutions-- using the concept of first principles.
- “10+ Deploys Per Day: Dev and Ops Cooperation at Flickr,” by John Allspaw and Paul Hammond, Velocity 09, 25 July 2009.
- “Cybersecurity Skills Shortage Tops Four Million,” by Phil Muncaster, Infosecurity Magazine, 7 November 2019.
- “Cybersecurity Talent Crunch To Create 3.5 Million Unfilled Jobs Globally By 2021,” by Steve Morgan, Cybercrime Magazine, 24 October 2019.
- “Keynote PuppetCon 2014: The Phoenix Project: Lessons Learned – Gene Kim, IT Revolution Press (Vimeo repost)” by Gene Kim, YouTube, 9 October 2014.
- “The 10 best DevOps tools for 2020,” By Anna Monus, Raygun, January 200.
- “The Convergence of DevOps,” by John Willis, IT Revolution Press: Helping Spark the Cambrian Explosion.
- “The Cybersecurity Canon: Site Reliability Engineering: How Google Runs Production Systems,” Book Review by Rick Howard, Palo Alto Networks, 26 September 2017.
- “The Cybersecurity Canon: The Phoenix Project: A Novel About IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win,” Book Review by Rick Howard, Palo Alto Networks, 21 October 2016.
- “The Cybersecurity Skills Gap Won't Be Solved in a Classroom,” by Marten Mickos, Forbes, 19 June 2019.
- “The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement,” by Eliyahu M. Goldratt, and Jeff Cox, Published 1982 by North River.
- “The Lean Startup: How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses,” by Eric Ries, Published January 1st 2011 by Crown Business.
- “The Phoenix Project: A Novel About IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win,” by Gene Kim, Kevin Behr, and George Spafford, Published by IT Revolution Press, 10 January 2013.
- “The Rise of Next Generation Security Operation Center (NG-SOC),” by Taslet, Medium, 1 December 2017.
- “To agility and beyond: The history—and legacy—of agile development,” by Peter Varhol, TechBeacon, 26 August 2015.
- “What is DevOps?” by Ernest Mueller, the agile admin, 16 January 2016.
- “Why Did We Need to Invent DevSecOps?” by Tom McLaughlin, Threat Stack Blog, 1 June 2016.