At a glance.
- US Executive Order implements US-EU data-sharing privacy safeguards.
- Top CVEs exploited by China.
- Election security and credit risk.
- COVID-19-themed social engineering.
- Criminals turn to malicious HTML file attachments.
- Killnet and US state government sites.
- Evading sanctions with cryptocurrency. US cyber ambassador on deterrence and the state of Russia's hybrid war.
US Executive Order implements US-EU data-sharing privacy safeguards.
An Executive Order signed this morning by US President Biden moves the US and the EU closer to agreement on data privacy standards. It specifies the safeguards the US undertakes to put in place pursuant to the agreement reached with the European Union in March of this year. The Executive Order specifically addresses European concerns about US signals intelligence and other intelligence activities.