At a glance.
- FBI alerts political parties to Chinese scanning.
- Russian influence ops play defense; China plays offense.
- Ransom Cartel and a possible connection to REvil.
- Cyber attack against Tata Power.
- "Prestige" ransomware sighted in attacks on Polish and Ukrainian targets.
- Distributed denial-of-service attacks interfere with Bulgarian websites.
- Starlink may continue to subsidize service for Ukraine.
FBI warns US state political parties of Chinese scanning.
The Washington Post reports that the FBI has been alerting state Democratic and Republican Party organizations that they're the subject of increasing scans by Chinese intelligence services. The scanning, which the FBI was unwilling to discuss publicly, given the sensitivity of the matter, seems to be reconnaissance and target development.