At a glance.
- Crimson Kingsnake BEC group impersonates law firms.
- Flight-planning services affected by cyberattack.
- Effects of the hybrid war on action in cyberspace.
- International support for Ukraine's cyber defense.
- Danish rail service disrupted by cyberattack.
- Dropbox discloses successful phishing attack.
- CISA releases three ICS Security Advisories.
Crimson Kingsnake BEC group impersonates law firms.
Abnormal Security is tracking a threat actor it calls “Crimson Kingsnake” that’s launching business email compromise (BEC) attacks by impersonating attorneys, law firms, and debt recovery services. Crimson Kingsnake specializes in blind third-party impersonation attacks, a term Abnormal uses to describe BEC attacks in which the threat actor doesn’t have direct visibility into the targeted organization’s communications or business transactions. For more on Crimson Kingsnake see CyberWire Pro.