At a glance.
- Australian Federal Police say they know who hacked Medibank.
- Software supply chain risk.
- Cyber risk across sectors.
- CISA releases Stakeholder Specific Vulnerability Categorization (SSVC).
- Sandworm is back in Russia's hybrid war. Another wiper campaign from a Russian cyber auxiliary.
- Development of Ukraine's auxiliary cyber offensive force.
Australian Federal Police say they know who hacked Medibank.
According to TechCrunch, the Australian Federal Police say they know the individuals responsible for the ransomware attack and consequent data breach at Medibank. The AFP hasn't publicly named them, but it has said they're criminals located in and operating from Russia. Other reports have associated the threat actors with the allegedly defunct REvil criminal organization.