At a glance.
- Predatory loan app discovered embedded in mobile apps.
- GPS disruptions reported in Russian cities.
- A new cyberespionage campaign hits Ukraine.
- NSA warns against dismissing Russian offensive cyber capabilities.
- Ave atque vale, SHA-1.
- Welcome to the world, Leviathans.
Predatory loan app discovered embedded in mobile apps.
Zimperium has found a novel predatory loan application, "MoneyMonger," embedded in mobile apps developed with Flutter. It's found in apps sold through third-party stores. MondeyMonger collects a large amount of personal information from its victims, and then uses that information in what Zimperium describes as "multiple layers of social engineering," ultimately seeking to extort even more money from the marks than the original conditions of their predatory loans imposed. Zimperium concludes that the code they've discovered forms "part of a more extensive predatory loan malware campaign previously discovered by K7 Security Labs."