At a glance.
- CISA issues BOD 23-02.
- An update on CosmicEnergy: it’s "not an immediate threat."
- Ukraine's Cyber Police shut down a pro-Russian bot farm.
- Brand impersonation online fraud.
- A 2021 ransomware attack put a hospital under financial pressure that caused it to close.
- Proof-of-concept exploit of patched MOVEit vulnerability.
- Industry letter on the White House cybersecurity strategy.
- Cyber risk trends for small and medium businesses.
CISA issues Binding Operational Directive 23-02.
CISA, the US Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Agency, this morning issued Binding Operational Directive 23-02. The directive requires Federal civilian Executive agencies to "to remove specific networked management interfaces from the public-facing internet or implement Zero Trust Architecture capabilities that enforce access control to the interface within 14 days of discovery." The directive's intent is to reduce the attack surface that misconfigured or otherwise insecure management interfaces present to potential adversaries.