At a glance.
- Ransomware incident at Xerox.
- NPM dependency campaign.
- Quishing scams represent a growing threat.
- Cyber-kidnapping in Utah.
- Cameras hacked by Russian intelligence services to provide targeting information.
- Belarusian Cyber-Partisans claim successful attack against state media in Belarus.
- NoName057(16) as a model for future hacktivist auxiliaries.
- US Department of Homeland Security assesses cyber threats to the US.
Ransomware incident at Xerox.
The US division of Xerox has sustained a cyberattack that may have involved the theft of personal information, the Record reports. BleepingComputer notes that the INC Ransom ransomware gang added the company to its data leak site on December 29th.
The company said in a statement, “The incident had no impact on Xerox’s corporate systems, operations, or data, and no effect on XBS operations. However, our preliminary investigation indicates that limited personal information in the XBS environment may have been affected. As per our policy and standard operating procedure, we will notify all affected individuals as required.”