SOAR and cybersecurity first principles.
SOAR is a cybersecurity first principle strategy.
If your security team is overwhelmed fighting fires, you may suffer from alert fatigue. In this session, Rick reveals how Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) tools will improve your security data flow, shift operations left towards prevention, and free personnel for more strategic pursuits. SOAR technologies also complement DevSecOps, enable intrusion kill chain prevention, and The Hash Table agrees! They explain how SOAR solves their fight against limited resources, the convergence between security event management and response orchestration, and where and how to start.
Cybersecurity professional development and continued education.
You will learn about: SOAR enabling DevSecOps and Intrusion Kill Chains, managing limited resources, the SOAR-SIEM convergence, turning existing security tools into SOAR data feeds, retooling analysts into strategists
CyberWire is the world’s most trusted news source for cybersecurity information and situational awareness. Join the conversation with Rick Howard on LinkedIn and Twitter, and follow CyberWire on social media and join our community of security professionals: LinkedIn, Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, Instagram
Additional first principles resources for your cybersecurity program.
For more SOAR and cybersecurity first principles resources, check the topic essay.
- “Cybersecurity First Principles: DevSecOps.” by Rick Howard, CSO Perspectives, The CyberWire, 8 June 2020.
- “FAQ,” RSA Conference, 2020.
- "Intelligence-Driven Computer Network Defense Informed by Analysis of Adversary Campaigns and Intrusion Kill Chains,” by Eric Hutchins, Michael Cloppert, Rohan Amin, Lockheed Martin Corporation, 2010, last visited 30 April 2020.
- “Malware? Cyber-crime? Call the ICOPs!” by Jon Oltsik, CSO, Cybersecurity Snippets, 22 June 2015.
- “Market Guide for Security Orchestration, Automation and Response Solutions,” by Gartner, ID G00727304, 21 September 2020.
- “MITRE ATT&CK,” by Mitre.
- “The Cybersecurity Canon: The Phoenix Project: A Novel About IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win,” book review by Rick Howard, Palo Alto Networks, 21 October 2016.
- “The Cyber Kill Chain is making us dumber: A Rebuttal,” by Rick Howard, LinkedIn, 29 July 2017.
- “The Evolution of SOAR Platforms,” by Stan Engelbrecht, SecurityWeek, 27 July 2018.
- “What is SOAR (Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response)?” by Kevin Casey, The Enterprisers Project, 30 October 2020.