Microsoft Azure around the Hash Table.
Microsoft Azure adoption with cybersecurity first principle strategies.
The cloud revolution is here. How well can we implement our first principle strategies within each environment? Do we need to embrace other security platforms to get it done? In this session, Rick and the Hash Table review Microsoft Azure through the lens of first principle thinking. They review how Azure supports, or doesn’t support, strategies of resilience, zero trust, intrusion kill chains, and risk assessments. The Hash Table gives their detailed technical experiences and strategies using Azure to support cybersecurity.
Two members of the CyberWire’s Hash Table of experts - Rick Doten, Carolina Complete Health CISO and Mark Simos, Microsoft’s Lead Cybersecurity Architect - discuss Microsoft Azure security through a first principle lens. Can Azure deployments satisfy our requirements for zero trust, intrusion kill chain prevention, resilience, and risk assessment?
Cybersecurity professional development and continued education.
You will learn about: Microsoft Azure services and security tools, infrastructure as code, Azure strategies that support cybersecurity first principles
CyberWire is the world’s most trusted news source for cybersecurity information and situational awareness. Join the conversation with Rick Howard on LinkedIn and Twitter, and follow CyberWire on social media and join our community of security professionals: LinkedIn, Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, Instagram
Additional first principles resources for your cybersecurity program.
For more Microsoft Azure and cybersecurity first principles resources, check the topic essay.
- S1E9: 01 JUN: Cybersecurity first principles – resilience.
- “A Look Back At Ten Years Of Microsoft Azure,” by Janakiram, Forbes, 3 February 2020.
- “Azure AD Overview,” by John Savill, YouTube, 2020.
- “Azure Security Benchmark,” msmbaldwin, Microsoft.com, 2021.
- “Azure Virtual Network FAQ,” KumudD, Microsoft.com, 26 June 2020.
- “Azure Virtual Network Overview,” by John Savill, YouTube, 4 February 2020.
- “Microsoft Azure: Security,” Microsoft.
- “Microsoft: How 'zero trust' can protect against sophisticated hacking attacks,” by Liam Tung, ZDNet, 20 January 2021.
- “Secure Score in Azure Security Center,” memildin, Microsoft.com, 5 January 2021.
- “Thinking about Resiliency in Azure,” by John Savill, YouTube Video, June 2019.
- “Top SolarWinds Risk Assessment Resources for Microsoft 365 and Azure,” by Susan Bradley, CSO Online, 13 January 2021.
- “Zero Trust Deployment Center,” by Gary Centric, Microsoft.com, 30 September 2020.