At a glance.
- Cl0p ransomware at Hitachi Energy.
- US Department of Justice investigates ByteDance in alleged surveillance of journalists.
- Pompompurin arrested for alleged role in BreachForums.
- Hacktivist auxiliary hits Indian healthcare records.
- Pirated software used to carry malware.
- Effects of cyberattack on Latitude persist.
Hitachi Energy confirms Cl0p ransomware attack, data breach.
Hitachi Energy, a subsidiary of the Japanese technology giant Hitachi, has confirmed that it sustained a data breach after falling victim to a Clop ransomware attack, BleepingComputer reports. The threat actor carried out the attack via a vulnerability (CVE-2023-0669) in Fortra’s GoAnywhere MFT (Managed File Transfer). Hitachi Energy said in a press release that the threat actor accessed employee data in some countries, but there’s no evidence that any customer data was breached.