At a glance.
- NCSC urges the public to report coronavirus-themed email scams.
- ACSC engaged with pandemic-themed online fraud.
- Economic stimulus and business relief scams.
- Quantifying criminal interest in current events.
- Vulnerabilities gain prominence during the pandemic's stress.
- Remote proctoring.
Worldwide, COVID-19 is now wildly popular phishbait, and it's especially taking the form of economic relief scams. One industry organization concludes that the pandemic has exacerbated pre-existing vulnerabilities. And universities either want to prevent academic dishonesty or extend their panopticon (or maybe both). See the CyberWire's daily coverage of COVID-19 and cybersecurity here.