News for the cybersecurity community during the COVID-19 emergency
At a glance.
- The European assessment of China's disinformation efforts was arguably harsher than public statements suggested.
- Contact-tracing app updates.
- Not precise enough to trace contacts, but good enough to tell where you've been?
- The state of COVID-19-themed cybercrime.
- New York State financial regulators advise companies to take due notice of COVID-19-related cyber risks.
- Another well-known conference series goes virtual.
The EU releases its report on pandemic disinformation, and some think it was too kind to China. China's not among those who think so, and complains that it, and no one else, has been the principal victim of disinformation. You can't please everybody. Governments deploy contact-tracing apps. New York financial regulators warn covered entities that they need to consider areas of heightened cyber risk during the pandemic. For more, see our daily update on COVID-19 and the cybersecurity community.