You've probably been hearing the term 'mindfulness' a lot these days. And for good reason. We humans seem to be busier and more stressed out than ever before, and mindfulness practices seem to offer positive benefit. But how does mindfulness intersect with cybersecurity? What practices can we learn and promote to decrease human risk in our organizations and live safer digital lives?
In this episode, we explore the topic of cyber mindfulness. And to do so, we'll be hearing from Anna Collard, Michael Davis, and Yvonne and Jasmine Eskenzi.
- Anna Collard (LinkedIn) (Twitter) (Company Site)
- Michael Davis (LinkedIn) (Company Site)
- Yvonne Eskenzi (LinkedIn) (Twitter) (Company Site)
- Jasmine Eskenzi (LinkedIn) (Twitter) (Company Site)
Books & Resources:
- The Zensory App
- Research Paper: The current state of mind: A systematic review of the relationship between mindfulness and mind-wandering
- Research Paper: Training to Mitigate Phishing Attacks Using Mindfulness Techniques
- Research Paper: Understand the mistakes that compromise your company's security
- University of Dayton's Cyber Mindful program overview
- The Human Firewall: 3 Mindfulness Techniques Your Team Can Use to Prevent Phishing
- Transformational Security Awareness: What Neuroscientists, Storytellers, and Marketers Can Teach Us About Driving Secure Behaviors, by Perry Carpenter
- The Security Culture Playbook: An Executive Guide To Reducing Risk and Developing Your Human Defense Layer by Perry Carpenter & Kai Roer
8th Layer Insights theme music composed and performed by Marcos Moscat @ https://www.GameMusicTown.com/