Diana Kelley, the co-founder, and CTO of SecurityCurve, a cybersecurity consulting firm, joins Ann Johnson on this episode of Afternoon Cyber Tea. Diana is a globally known security expert who donates much of her time volunteering in the cybersecurity community while also serving on the Association for Computing Machinery Ethics and Plagiarism Committee. Diana talks with Ann about helping inexperienced organizations get up to speed on the cybersecurity landscape, some of the current significant security and privacy hurdles currently plaguing the field, and some of the best practices to assist network defenders and users trying to combat botnet threats.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- How companies can protect themselves from new unsecure devices
- When security risks correspond with access management and IoT devices
- Why we need security programs to grow to a new level
Some Questions We Ask:
- How should network defenders and users combat botnet threats?
- What types of universal IoT standards need to be created?
- What privacy hurdles are currently plaguing the field of IoT-connected devices?
Listen to: Security Unlocked
Discover and follow other Microsoft podcasts at microsoft.com/podcasts
Afternoon Cyber Tea with Ann Johnson is produced by Microsoft and distributed as part of The CyberWire Network.