Defending Against Advanced Actors
Cristin Goodwin, Associate General Counsel of Microsoft's Digital Security Unit, joins Ann on this week's episode of Afternoon Cyber Tea. Cristin joined Microsoft in 2006, and since that time, she has been Microsoft's lead counsel for all aspects of Microsoft's security incident response processes and security updates for over a billion customers worldwide. Cristin has shared her insights and expertise with global business and government leaders to help lead effective cyber-defense strategies. Ann and Cristin discuss how international organizations understand and respond to cyber-attacks, the connections between criminal groups that sell services to governments, and the possibility of a successful international cyber agreement.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- How to defend against sophisticated attack tools
- Thoughts on current geopolitical events
- How to strengthen our security in the future from nation-state attacks
Some Questions We Ask:
- What do you think has brought this influx of nation-state hackers?
- Why should we be concerned about new trends in malware & phishing campaigns?
- Do you believe creating a successful international cyber agreement is possible?
Listen to: Security Unlocked
Discover and follow other Microsoft podcasts at microsoft.com/podcasts
Afternoon Cyber Tea with Ann Johnson is produced by Microsoft and distributed as part of The CyberWire Network.