Mitigating Future Risks
Katie Nickels, Director of Intelligence for Red Canary, joins Ann on this week's episode of Afternoon Cyber Tea. Katie has worked in security operations centers and cyber threat intelligence for nearly a decade, with degrees from Smith College and Georgetown University. Ann and Katie discuss the impact cyberattacks have on operating systems, the ransomware ecosystem, and recommendations for mitigating future risks.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- Insights about the ransomware ecosystem and the future of cybersecurity.
- How to ensure your Patch Management Program is optimized to mitigate threats and risks.
- How, when, what, and to whom to communicate with after an intrusion.
Some Questions We Ask:
- How can organizations share information about attacks without greater risk?
- What are the best practices when trying to protect your information?
- What would you consider beneficial when investing against inside threats?
Listen to: Security Unlocked
Discover and follow other Microsoft podcasts at microsoft.com/podcasts
Afternoon Cyber Tea with Ann Johnson is produced by Microsoft and distributed as part of The CyberWire Network.