Addressing the Critical Cybersecurity Talent Shortage
M. K. Palmore, Director, Office of the CISO, for Google Cloud, and diversity & inclusion advocate, joins Ann on this week's episode of Afternoon Cyber Tea to discuss the cyber talent shortage, including why leaders need to drive greater inclusivity in the industry, resources for individuals to build their skills and networks, and why talent sourcing is just one issue in building greater representation.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- What a talent shortage means for businesses and organizations
- Why is there a problem getting started in an industry with such high demand
- How leaders can support women and underrepresented minorities in the industry
Some Questions We Ask:
- Why has the cyber talent shortage become so acute in the last few years?
- What new methods would you recommend to leaders to bring new talent?
- How should leaders think about retainment and sponsorship for advancement?
Read more on how Microsoft is helping address the cybersecurity skills gap
Learn about Cyversity
Listen to: Uncovering Hidden Risks
Listen to: Security Unlocked
Afternoon Cyber Tea with Ann Johnson is produced by Microsoft and distributed as part of The CyberWire Network.