Security Trends in 2023 and Beyond
Is the world prepared for a future with deepfakes, mis- and disinformation, and other forms of impersonation? Chris Young, Executive Vice President of the Business Development, Strategy, and Venture team at Microsoft, joins Ann to discuss this and more on the next installment of Afternoon Cyber Tea. Chris, who has decades of cybersecurity industry leadership, is now responsible for driving growth across Microsoft by establishing strategic partnerships, setting corporate strategy, and identifying high-impact investments through Microsoft’s corporate venture arm. He also serves on the board of directors for American Express and as a member of the Cybersecurity Advisory Committee for the U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (US CISA). Ann and Chris discuss why it's vital for organizations in the security industry to work together, advice he has for leaders that are helping their companies and teams navigate this challenging time, and what trends in security and adjacent industries Chris expects to become more prevalent and relevant.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- Why and how Chris got his start in cybersecurity
- Why Chris took the leap to join Microsoft in the midst of a global pandemic
- Chris’s point of view on the value and importance of technology ecosystems and the security ecosystem
Some Questions We Ask:
- What role did mentors and peer leaders play in shaping who you (Chris) are today?
- Why is it so important to have a vibrant cybersecurity startup community?
- What advice do you have for founders looking to build and innovate right now?
Chris Young on What Work Will Look Like in 2030
Related Microsoft Podcasts:
Listen to: Uncovering Hidden Risks
Listen to: Security Unlocked
Listen to: Security Unlocked: CISO Series with Bret Arsenault
Discover and follow other Microsoft podcasts at microsoft.com/podcasts
Afternoon Cyber Tea with Ann Johnson is produced by Microsoft and distributed as part of The CyberWire Network.