Risky chat applications.
Toby Pischl, Head of Information & Email Security at Broadcom, sits down with Dave to discuss how Slack and Microsoft Teams phishing is an open door into businesses. Joe and Dave share some follow up regarding a case of a woman claiming to have cancer to receive over $37,000 from donors on GoFundMe. Joe has the terrible story out of Michigan where a high schooler committed suicide after a sextortion scam. Dave has a story on job seekers around the country and how likely they are to fall for a job scam. Our catch of the day comes from listener Albert, who writes in regarding the German phishing emails he keeps receiving.
Links to stories:
- Madison Russo pleads guilty to theft in cancer scheme
- High school football player Jordan DeMay driven to suicide after Nigerian sextortion scam, anguished family reveals
- Michigan family sounds alarm on son's 'sextortion' suicide after arrests of 3 Nigerian men
- Three Nigerian Men Awaiting Extradition For Committing Sexual Extortion
- 1 in 3 Recent Job Seekers Have Been Tricked Into Applying for a Fake Job Scam