Scamming just isn't what it used to be.
This week, we are joined by host of N2K's T-Minus Space Daily podcast, Maria Varmazis, she sits down with Joe and Dave to discuss sextorion materials that were found on popular social media apps such as, TikTok, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube. Joe and Dave share quite a bit of follow up, Joe starts with an anonymous listener writing in sharing their story on gift card scams. Dave shares another anonymous listeners comments, sharing about what they think of Andy Cohen going public on how he got scammed. Finally, Joe and Dave hear from a listener by the name of "The Computrix," who says they need to defend Walmart. Dave share's his story about the most common phishing email themes of 2023. Joe's got the story of ransomware not being paid the same way as it used to be by companies, and share the two different angles on that. Our catch of the day comes from listener William, who writes in with a phishing scam that caught his eye. Links to the stories:
- Sextortion training materials found on TikTok, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube, according to new report
- Most Common Phishing Email Themes of 2023
- Companies aren’t paying ransoms like they used to
- New Ransomware Reporting Requirements Kick in as Victims Increasingly Avoid Paying
- FBI: Scammers Are Sending Couriers to Collect Cash From Victims
You can hear more from the T-Minus space daily show here.
Have a Catch of the Day you'd like to share? Email it to us at email@example.com.