Securing the Cloud With Mark Russinovich
Something special can happen when you bring brilliant people together for a conversation, and over the course of this limited series we’re bringing you six incredible discussions between the top minds in the tech industry to prove it. For our inaugural episode of Security Unlocked: CISO Series with Bret Arsenault, Bret sits down with Microsoft’s Mark Russinovich to have a conversation as colleagues and friends. What ensued was an in-depth conversation about the intricacies of digital information security and the vital role of the cloud.
As the Chief Technology Officer of Microsoft’s Azure, Mark has a unique perspective on cloud technologies and offers insight into the changes that have occurred over the past few years due to advancing technology and the unique challenges brought about during the coronavirus pandemic.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- The initialism FFUUEE and why it’s important in understanding people’s resistance to adopting newer security capabilities
- Mark Russinovich’s three points of advice for those looking to become more secure
- Theories on improving MFA adoption across the board
Some Questions We Ask:
- How do we think of cloud security now versus ten years ago?
- What does a leading engineer think of moving toward a hybrid workforce?
- How do you find and screen potential new team members in a remote world?
Listen to: Afternoon Cyber Tea with Ann Johnson
Listen to: Security Unlocked
Security Unlocked: CISO Series with Bret Arsenault is produced by Microsoft and distributed as part of The CyberWire Network.