Building a Stronger Security Team: Geoff Belknap, LinkedIn
It’s said that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link, but under the proper management – management with a keen eye towards investing in its own people – there is no such thing as a weak link, only an opportunity for growth.
In this episode, Microsoft CISO Bret Arsenault talks with Geoff Belknap, colleague and fellow CISO at LinkedIn, about what it means to build a team, not of experts, but of intrepid thinkers willing to learn something new and invest in themselves to grow.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- Why investing in people without a ‘necessary’ skill can be more beneficial than hiring someone who checks all the boxes
- Why focusing on yourself, in whatever way that manifests, is so crucial to a successful team
- How security is fundamentally an interdisciplinary field
Some Questions We Ask:
- How do we solve the gender gap in the industry?
- What are some of the things Geoff has learned over the past year?
- How do you promote employees and team members investing in themselves?
Listen to: Afternoon Cyber Tea with Ann Johnson
Listen to: Security Unlocked
Security Unlocked: CISO Series with Bret Arsenault is produced by Microsoft and distributed as part of The CyberWire Network.