Under the Hood: Ensuring Firmware Integrity
How do we ensure firmware integrity and security? Join hosts Nic Fillingham and Natalia Godyla and guest Nazmus Sakib, a Principal Lead Program Manager at Microsoft, to dive deeper and assess the complexities and challenges that come along with securing firmware - bootstraps and all!
Megamind Bhavna Soman, a Senior Security Research Lead, joins us later in the show and we learn about her journey in optimizing AI and ML to improve efficiency in security and give the humans a break.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How Microsoft ensures firmware integrity and security
- How firmware is making it harder for attackers
- Where AI and ML will take threat intelligence in the near future
Some Questions We Ask:
- What is firmware?
- Do we know where firmware attacks begin?
- What does the threat landscape look like for firmware?
- What part of ML should be automated better so that humans can shift to other tasks?
Listen to: Afternoon Cyber Tea with Ann Johnson
Security Unlocked is produced by Microsoft and distributed as part of The CyberWire Network.