Red-teaming AI with CounterFit
It’s an all out offensive on today’s episode while we talk about how the best defense is a good offense. But before we plan our attack, we need to know our vulnerabilities, and that’s where our guest comes in.
On this episode, hosts Nic Fillingham and Natalia Godyla are joined by Will Pearce, who discusses his role as AI Red Team Lead from the Azure Trustworthy ML Group and how he works to find weaknesses in security infrastructure to better develop ways to prevent against attacks.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- The three main functions of counterfeit
- Why the best defense is a good offense
- Why Will and his team aren’t worried about showing their hand by releasing this software as open source
Some Questions We Ask:
- What previously developed infrastructure was the counterfeit tool built upon?
- How AI red teaming differs from traditional specops red teaming
- How did the counterfeit project evolve from conception to release?
Listen to: Afternoon Cyber Tea with Ann Johnson
Discover and follow other Microsoft podcasts at microsoft.com/podcasts
Security Unlocked is produced by Microsoft and distributed as part of The CyberWire Network.