Making the Leap to the Cloud
8 trillion. It’s kind of a big number, right? That’s how many signals are collected, processed, and analyzed by Microsoft’s security team every single day. Those signals are travelling from the cloud, coming through endpoints, coming through Bing, coming through Xbox. All of these signals are turned into intelligence, and if you’re a cloud user, that intelligence is an asset to your security. By making the leap to the cloud, the power, size, and flexibility of Microsoft’s threat intelligence becomes your resource.
In this episode of Security Unlocked, hosts Nic Fillingham and Natalia Godyla are re-joined by Microsoft’s Chief Security Advisor, Sarah Armstrong-Smith, to dive deeper into the back half of her four-part series on Becoming Resilient. We explore different cloud models, the shared responsibility of your cloud service provider, and the growing risks of insider threats.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- Best practices on switching to the cloud and ensuring utmost security
- Why you need to adapt to stay ahead of threats
- How to build security cleanly into your foundation and keep from it being a messy afterthought
Some Questions We Ask:
- What do new users gain by moving to the cloud?
- What errors are organizations making when moving to the cloud?
- How do we effectively communicate with our security team about business decisions?
Listen to: Afternoon Cyber Tea with Ann Johnson
Listen to: Security Unlocked
Discover and follow other Microsoft podcasts at microsoft.com/podcasts
Security Unlocked is produced by Microsoft and distributed as part of The CyberWire Network.