Tackling Identity Threats With AI
The last thing we all need this year is an identity crisis. Fear not, hosts Nic Fillingham and Natalia Godyla are here with Maria Puertas Calvo, Data Science Lead of Microsoft’s Identity Security and Protection Team, to learn how AI is being used to protect our personal identities. Maria also reveals previously undisclosed information – her favorite food and her famous top-secret recipe, so get ready to take notes!
Later, the hosts bring back a previous guest, Geoff McDonald, ML Research Lead at Microsoft to unpack his career in cybersecurity and how game hacking led him to where he is now.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How offline detections are used for account compromise prevention
- The importance of multi-factor authentication
- How Microsoft is taking a new approach with AI to identify threats with real-time prevention
- The problem with adversaries and malware attackers
Some Questions We Ask:
- How is Microsoft applying AI to solve problems for account compromise prevention?
- How do humans play a role in labeling data sets?
- How is Microsoft measuring success of their new enhanced AI?
- What is the future for neural networks?
Listen to: Afternoon Cyber Tea with Ann Johnson
Discover and follow other Microsoft podcasts at microsoft.com/podcasts
Security Unlocked is produced by Microsoft and distributed as part of The CyberWire Network.