Unpacking the New ML Threat Matrix
Yeehaw! “Data Cowboy” is in the building. Join us as Nic Fillingham and Natalia Godyla sit down with Ram Shankar Siva Kumar, aka “Data Cowboy” at Microsoft, for an exciting conversation about the release of a new adversarial ML threat matrix created for security analysts. Have no fear, we made sure to find out how Ram acquired the name, “Data Cowboy”, so saddle up and get ready for the ride!
Stick around to hear Nic and Natalia explore the urgency of surfacing threats at a faster rate with Justin Carroll, a Threat Analyst at Microsoft, and why it is more important now than ever before.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How Microsoft is using the new ML threat matrix against cyber attacks
- The approach and philosophy for putting the threat matrix on GitHub
- ML applications in regard to healthcare and why it is worrisome
- What needs to happen in order to be successful in combating certain threats
Some Questions We Ask:
- What is an adversarial ML threat matrix?
- How will the community on GitHub contribute to the evolution of the ML threat matrix?
- What resources are available to learn about all things VM?
- What techniques are being used to find threats at a faster speed?
- How do AI and ML factor into the role of managing data and collaborating with other teams?
Listen to: Afternoon Cyber Tea with Ann Johnson
Security Unlocked is produced by Microsoft and distributed as part of The CyberWire Network.