At a glance.
- Update on Czech warnings of imminent cyberattack.
- The Pan-European Privacy-Preserving Proximity Tracer.
- Massive relief fraud hits German Land of Nordrhein-Westfalen.
- Big Tech and relief for small businesses.
- CISA updates critical infrastructure workforce guidance.
- UK's Ministry of Defence relaxes cybersecurity certification standards.
- Chinese holding companies seek Western takeover targets while valuations of desirable tech firms are depressed.
- Telework and its discontents.
- Ransomware spiking during the pandemic.
- Black market trends.
Some Czech targets have been hit by cyberattacks, but it's unclear if they're the ones predicted by the country's cyber intelligence service. COVID-19 relief funds are used (and abused) in several countries as businesses struggle to survive the pandemic. And there's been little respite from ransomware attacks, and from attempts against the vastly expanded attack surface remote work presents. See the CyberWire's daily coverage of COVID-19 and cybersecurity for more.