News for the cybersecurity community during the COVID-19 emergency
At a glance.
- ESET suspects Russian services behind threat to Czech hospitals.
- Does the COVID-19 emergency mean more cybercrime, or just an opportunistic shift in tactics and targets?
- A successful cybersecurity volunteer organization?
- US Senate approves $310 billion in Paycheck Protection Program.
- Five Senators ask US Cyber Command and CISA to more against cyber threats to the US pandemic response.
- US State Department report describes converging COVID-19 disinformation campaigns.
Investigation into a hospital hacking campaign tentatively looks at Russia. The CTL-League looks like a model for cyber volunteer organizations. The US Senate approves more funds for the Paycheck Protection Program. Calls for deterrence amid a converged campaign of disinformation. See the CyberWire's daily coverage of COVID-19 and cybersecurity here.