Securing the Cloud with Mark Russinovich
On this week’s Security Unlocked, we’re pulling a bait and switch! Instead of our regularly scheduled programming, we’re going to be featuring the first episode of our new podcast, Security Unlocked: CISO Series with Bret Arsenault. Each episode is going to feature Microsoft’s CISO Bret Arsenault sitting down with other top techies in Microsoft and other companies in the industry.
In its inaugural episode – which we’re featuring on this episode – Bret sits down with Mark Russinovich, Chief Technology Officer of Microsoft’s Azure. Mark has a unique perspective on cloud technologies and offers insight into the changes that have occurred over the past few years due to advancing technology and the unique challenges brought about during the coronavirus pandemic. Enjoy this first episode of the new series and remember to subscribe so you catch all the rest that are yet to come.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- The initialism FFUUEE and why it’s important in understanding people’s resistance to adopting newer security capabilities
- Mark Russinovich’s three points of advice for those looking to become more secure
- Theories on improving MFA adoption across the board
Some Questions We Ask:
- How do we think of cloud security now versus ten years ago?
- What does a leading engineer think of moving toward a hybrid workforce?
- How do you find and screen potential new team members in a remote world?
Listen to: Afternoon Cyber Tea with Ann Johnson
Security Unlocked is produced by Microsoft and distributed as part of The CyberWire Network.