Securing the Internet of Things
There used to be a time when our appliances didn’t talk back to us, but it seems like nowadays everything in our home is getting smarter. Smart watches, smart appliances, smart lights - smart everything! This connectivity to the internet is what we call the Internet of Things (IoT). It’s becoming increasingly common for our everyday items to be “smart,” and while that may provide a lot of benefits, like your fridge reminding you when you may need to get more milk, it also means that all of those devices become susceptible to cyber attacks.
On this episode of Security Unlocked, hosts Nic Fillingham and Natalia Godyla talk to Arjmand Samuel about protecting IoT devices, especially with a zero trust approach. Listen in to learn not only about the importance of IoT security, but also what Microsoft is doing to protect against such attacks and how you can better secure these devices.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- What the techniques are to verify explicitly on IoT devices
- How to apply the zero trust model in IoT
- What Microsoft is doing to protect against attacks on IoT
Some Questions We Ask:
- What is the difference between IoT and IT?
- Why is IoT security so important?
- What are the best practices for protecting IoT?
Listen to: Afternoon Cyber Tea with Ann Johnson
Security Unlocked is produced by Microsoft and distributed as part of The CyberWire Network.