The 2021 Microsoft Digital Defense Report
Okay, look, we know you plan on reading the entire 2021 MDDR at some point. But you're busy. Life gets in the way. We get it. Who has the time! Well, we've got the time, but that's beside the point, and honestly... fortunate for you. We've read the report front to back and have decided to cover some of it today on the podcast, but you'll still need to read all 134 pages yourself if you truly want to grasp the entire piece. Unless you want to be that person who listens to a single podcast and pretends they read the whole thing... then go ahead; we won't tell.
In this episode of Security Unlocked, hosts Natalia Godyla and Nic Fillingham are joined by Sian John, Microsoft's director of strategic growth. Sian is currently working with the business development team, exploring growth opportunities for Microsoft to strengthen security, compliance, and identity offerings that address unfulfilled needs in the market. As a security professional with over 25 years of experience, Sian accompanies us as we discuss the 2021 Microsoft Digital Defense Report, which she personally contributed to.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- The history and analysis of the 2021 Microsoft Digital Defense Report
- The evolution of cybercrime services that are for sale
- What's providing new attackers with access to deeper data
Some Questions We Ask:
- How did Microsoft settle on the topics and themes of the 2021 MDDR?
- What are some takeaways from the newly added disinformation chapter?
- Why isn't Zero Trust being implemented, considering the conversations we've had that it's more critical than ever?
View Natalia on LinkedIn
View Nic on LinkedIn
Listen to: Afternoon Cyber Tea with Ann Johnson
Security Unlocked is produced by Microsoft and distributed as part of The CyberWire Network.