When Privacy Meets Security
The way most people operate online these days, what would you even consider private anymore? We are so quick to share details about our job, home, friends, and family without even thinking about how much personal info we're giving away. Privacy and user agreements are a part of almost everyone's life at this point, and what do you know about them? For the most part, we often see a user agreement pop up, click agree and move on, but do you know what you just agreed to? Privacy choices have become routine, though they shouldn’t be.
In this episode of Security Unlocked, hosts Natalia Godyla and Nic Fillingham are joined by Privacy Counsel and Data Protection Officer at Asana, Whitney Merrill. She is an accomplished attorney with 7+ years of privacy, data security, and data governance experience. Whitney discusses how to avoid common privacy mistakes, current privacy attack trends, and the importance of thinking like an attacker.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- The role of encryption in privacy
- Privacy attack trends you should be paying attention to
- Why some organizations have different approaches to privacy
Some Questions We Ask:
- How, and when, do privacy and security come together?
- Why has a common framework been so difficult to establish?
- Should regulators play a role in establishing a baseline of privacy awareness?
View Nic on LinkedIn
View Natalia on LinkedIn
Listen to: Afternoon Cyber Tea with Ann Johnson
Discover and follow other Microsoft podcasts at microsoft.com/podcasts
Security Unlocked is produced by Microsoft and distributed as part of The CyberWire Network.