Microsoft Azure and cybersecurity first principles.
Microsoft Azure adoption with cybersecurity first principle strategies.
The cloud revolution is here. How well can we implement our first principle strategies within each environment? Do we need to embrace other security platforms to get it done? In this session, Rick discusses Microsoft Azure through the lens of first principle thinking. He reviews how Azure supports, or doesn’t support, strategies of resilience, zero trust, intrusion kill chains, and risk assessments.
Cybersecurity professional development and continued education.
You will learn about: Microsoft Azure services and security tools, infrastructure as code, Azure strategies that support cybersecurity first principles
CyberWire is the world’s most trusted news source for cybersecurity information and situational awareness. Join the conversation with Rick Howard on LinkedIn and Twitter, and follow CyberWire on social media and join our community of security professionals: LinkedIn, Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, Instagram
Additional first principles resources for your cybersecurity program.
For more Microsoft Azure and cybersecurity first principles resources, check the topic essay.
- S1E1: 6 APR: Your Security Stack is Moving: SASE is Coming.
- S1E9: 01 JUN: Cybersecurity first principles - resilience
- S2E7: 31 AUG: Identity Management: a first principle idea.
- S2E8: 07 SEP: Identity Management: around the Hash Table.
- S3E3: 02 NOV: Securing containers and serverless functions.
- S3E4: 09 NOV: Securing containers and serverless functions: around the Hash Table.
- S3E5: 16 NOV: SOAR: a first principle idea.
- S3E6: 23 NOV: SOAR: around the Hash Table.
- “About: History,” Cloud Security Alliance.
- “A Brief History of AWS,” by Alec Rojasm, Media Temple, 31 August 2017.
- “A Look Back At Ten Years Of Microsoft Azure,” by Janakiram, Forbes, 3 February 2020.
- “An Annotated History of Google’s Cloud Platform,” by Reto Meier, Medium, 10 February 2017.
- “Azure AD Overview,” John Savill, YouTube, 2020.
- “Azure Virtual Network FAQ,” KumudD, Microsoft.com, 26 June 2020.
- “Azure Virtual Network Overview,” by John Savill, YouTube, 4 February 2020.
- “Matrices: Cloud Matrix,” by Mitre ATT&CK.
- “Microsoft Azure: Security.” by Microsoft.
- “Thinking about Resiliency in Azure,” John Savill, YouTube Video, June 2019.
- “Zero Trust Deployment Center,” Gary Centric, Microsoft.com, 30 September 2020.