Amazon AWS and cybersecurity first principles.
Amazon AWS adoption with cybersecurity first principle strategies.
In this second session reviewing cloud platforms through the lens of first principle thinking, Rick Howard reviews Amazon Web Services (AWS). He discusses how AWS supports, or doesn’t support, strategies of resilience, zero trust, intrusion kill chains, and risk assessments.
Cybersecurity professional development and continued education.
You will learn about: AWS networking and API techniques, DevSecOps in a cloud environment, AWS services and security tools, AWS strategies that support cybersecurity first principles.
CyberWire is the world’s most trusted news source for cybersecurity information and situational awareness. Join the conversation with Rick Howard on LinkedIn and Twitter, and follow CyberWire on social media and join our community of security professionals: LinkedIn, Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, Instagram
Additional first principles resources for your cybersecurity program.
For more Amazon AWS and cybersecurity first principles resources, check the topic essay.
- S1E6: 11 MAY: Cybersecurity First Principles
- S1E7: 18 MAY: Cybersecurity first principles: zero trust
- S1E8: 26 MAY: Cybersecurity first principles: intrusion kill chains.
- S1E9: 01 JUN: Cybersecurity first principles - resilience
- S1E11: 15 JUN: Cybersecurity first principles - risk
- S2E7: 31 AUG: Identity Management: a first principle idea.
- S2E8: 07 SEP: Identity Management: around the Hash Table.
- S4E3: 25 JAN: Microsoft Azure through a first principle lens
- S4E4: 01 FEB: Microsoft Azure security (Hashtable Interviews)
- “5 Best Practices for Resiliency Planning Using AWS | Amazon Web Services,” Amazon Web Services, 7 October 2020.
- “6 Best Practices for Increasing Security in AWS in a Zero Trust World.” by Louis Columbus, Forbes, 4 January 2019.
- “About: History,” Cloud Security Alliance.
- “A Brief History of AWS,” by Alec Rojasm, Media Temple, 31 August 2017.
- “Amrandazz/Attack-Guardduty-Navigator.” by amrandazz, GitHub, 2021.
- “AWS Networking and Security 101,” by Net Joints, YouTube Video, 2020.
- “AWS Networking Fundamentals,” by Amazon Web Services, YouTube Video, 2019.
- “AWS Training and Certification,” by Aws.training, 2021.
- “Exposed Azure Bucket Leaked Passports, IDs of Volleyball Reporters,” by Ax Sharma, BleepingComputer, February 2021.
- “How to Connect Your On-Premises Active Directory to AWS Using AD Connector | Amazon Web Services,” by Amazon Web Services, 6 July 2015.
- “How to Think about Zero Trust Architectures on AWS | Amazon Web Services.” by Amazon Web Services, 20 January 2020.
- “Leaky AWS S3 Buckets Are so Common, They’re Being Found by the Thousands Now – with Lots of Buried Secrets,” by Shaun Nichols, Shaun, Theregister.com, 3 August 2020.
- “Network Address Translation (NAT) - GeeksforGeeks,” by GeeksforGeeks, 7 May 2018.
- “Zero Trust Architectures: An AWS Perspective | Amazon Web Services,” by Amazon Web Services, 3 November 2020.